1. ITV Report

Where to seek help if you are suffering from mental health problems

Credit: ITV News

Tonight on Granada Reports we have the first in a series of special reports on the issues surrounding mental health services for young people.

Tonight we are looking at why an increasing number of young people are taking antidepressants.

If you are suffering from mental health problems there are several places where you can seek help:

  • YoungMinds is an independent national charity. It has a young persons and parents helpline.
  • 42nd Street is a Greater Manchester charity that supports young people aged 11-25* years with their emotional wellbeing and mental health, promoting choice and creativity.
  • Samaritans operates a 24-hour service available every day of the year.
  • Childline (0800 1111 ) runs a helpline for children and young people in the UK. Calls are free and the number won’t show up on your phone bill.
  • PAPYRUS (0800 068 41 41) is a voluntary organisation supporting teenagers and young adults who are feeling suicidal.
  • CAMHS is the NHS service for all children and young people who have issues with their emotional or behavioural wellbeing.
  • Young Person’s Advisory Service (YPAS) is a Liverpool based charity that supports the mental health and emotional wellbeing needs of children, young people (age 5 – 25 years) and families.

More on this story