Manchester Airport is warning passengers to be prepared when travelling over the busy Christmas period.
The airport is expecting one of its busiest festive seasons with a projected 1.2 million passengers predicted to pass through the airport from today until 5 January.
The airport will be sharing its huMAN advent calendar on social media offering passengers tips and guidance on how to get their Christmas getaways off to the right start.
Lee Wasnidge, Customer Services and Security Director at Manchester Airport, said:
Manchester Airport is encouraging all passengers to take heed of the following guidance:
- If in doubt about any items, pack them in checked baggage rather than hand luggage.
- Ensure all liquid products in hand luggage do not exceed 100ml and are in a clear sealable bag.
- If you are planning on carrying Christmas Crackers check with your airline about whether they are allowed in hand luggage.
- Christmas Puddings must be put in checked baggage.
- Try to wrap any presents you may be taking at your destination.
- Take off any winter wear before reaching security to save time.
For more information and advice visit www.manchesterairport.co.uk or follow @manairport on Twitter to keep up-to-date with the huMAN Advent Calendar.