Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service is calling for people to stop using disposable barbecues in the countryside following two large wildfires in the county.
The first fire broke out on Darwen Moor on Saturday night after a disposable barbecue set surrounding grass alight and spread quickly across a vast area of the moors.
On Sunday afternoon, a fire involving a tree plantation at Longridge Fell was believed to have been started by a campfire.
A major incident was declared as the Service also dealt with large grass fires at Winter Hill in Rivington and in Haslingden, along with multiple smaller fires across the county.
“Wildfires are easily started and can spread rapidly putting people, property and infrastructure at risk.
Firefighting has now ended at the Longridge Fell and Darwen Moor incidents and the major incident was stood down on Wednesday.
At their height, both incidents were attended by ten fire engines, approximately 60 firefighters, along with specialist units and vehicles.