There are calls to ban private firework displays after a number of incidents across the UK, with people and pets being injured.Read the full story ›
Emergency services across the North West had a busy night attending out of control fires and dealing with anti-social behaviour.Read the full story ›
Emergency services have been called out to dozens of incidents over what's been called "mischief night" - including over 30 fires.Read the full story ›
Bonfire Night and firework celebrations can be some of the most stressful and terrifying times for your dog.Read the full story ›
Fire crews under 'attack' as they respond to hundreds of call outsRead the full story ›
Fire services across the North West are urging people to attend organised fireworks displays this Bonfire Night - after a busy weekend.Read the full story ›
ITV Granada Reports has raised concerns about whether enough is being done to prevent underage firework sales. It follows a special investigation by Matt O'Donoghue and Anna Youssef which uncovered shopkeepers willing to sell goods to a 16-year-old girl, without asking for ID.
In the same report, members of one community say they feel terrorised and under siege by the actions of some youths who posses fireworks.
Firefighters have issued a stark reminder ahead of Bonfire Night to only call 999 in a real life emergency.
They say hoax calls and mindless anti-social behaviour can put lives at risk. They alsowant to remind people of the firework code and advise people to only attend an organised display, where possible.
- Matt Price's report contains flashing images.
Neighbours of a ten year old boy from Nelson who was injured in a firework accident say he's undergone surgery this afternoon.
The boy was playing with friends on this patch of wasteland at the bottom of Albert Street in the town when it's believed a firework exploded in his face.
He was taken to Alderhey Hospital in Liverpool by air ambulance for treatment.
Three others who were also hurt in the blast are said to be recovering at home. Councillor Wayne Blackburn from Pendle Borough Council spoke to Matt O'Donoghue:
Firefighters have detonated a 17kg industrial firework that was handed in by a man who won it in a competition.Read the full story ›