Airport bosses are warning of the dangers of fireworks after a light aircraft had a near miss in Salford.Read the full story ›
Fire services across the North West are urging people to attend organised fireworks displays this Bonfire Night - after a busy weekend.Read the full story ›
There are calls for the laws around selling fireworks to be tightened up with residents in one part of our region telling us they feel terrorised and under siege.
Shocking images filmed by our viewers show youths firing rockets at cars, houses, even each other.
The law says it's illegal to sell to anyone who isn't at least 18 years old, but an ITV Granada Reports investigation has raised concerns about whether shopkeepers are doing enough to prevent underage sales.
So, how easy is it for someone under 18 to buy fireworks?
An ITV Granada Reports investigation captures the footage of shopkeepers trying to sell fireworks to someone who's underage without questions.
ITV Granada Reports has raised concerns about whether enough is being done to prevent underage firework sales. It follows a special investigation by Matt O'Donoghue and Anna Youssef which uncovered shopkeepers willing to sell goods to a 16-year-old girl, without asking for ID.
In the same report, members of one community say they feel terrorised and under siege by the actions of some youths who posses fireworks.
People living on an estate in Tameside say they are too afraid to leave their homes at night in case they are attacked with fireworks.Read the full story ›
A young girl was badly burned after a display firework was thrown through her kitchen window and exploded in the middle of a family dinner.Read the full story ›
Neighbours of a ten year old boy from Nelson who was injured in a firework accident say he's undergone surgery this afternoon.
The boy was playing with friends on this patch of wasteland at the bottom of Albert Street in the town when it's believed a firework exploded in his face.
He was taken to Alderhey Hospital in Liverpool by air ambulance for treatment.
Three others who were also hurt in the blast are said to be recovering at home. Councillor Wayne Blackburn from Pendle Borough Council spoke to Matt O'Donoghue:
Firefighters have detonated a 17kg industrial firework that was handed in by a man who won it in a competition.Read the full story ›
The weekend forecast with Jo BlytheRead the full story ›
A video highlighting the dangers of playing with fireworks has been released by Greater Manchester Fire and Rescue Service as they go on sale ahead of Bonfire Night.
Part of the annual Treacle campaign - which is launched this week - it shows the devastating effects an illegal firework can have when it explodes in a child’s hand.
It comes a year after an onion bomb detonated in the face of a 10-year-old boy in Salford leaving him with serious burns and facial injuries.
The service is also launching a amnesty today and will dispose of fireworks in a safe way.