Live updates


13-year-old released without charge after 15-year-old boy stabbed in Manchester

The 15-year-old has been named as Kyron Webb. Credit: Simon Higginbottom/ITV News

A 13-year-old boy who was arrested after a 15-year-old boy was stabbed in Manchester has been released without charge.

Kyron Webb suffered serious injuries in the attack on Worsley Avenue, in Moston, on Tuesday evening.

He's in a life-threatening condition in hospital. Detectives are appealing for witnesses.

My heart goes out to Kyron and his family as he continues to fight for his life.

The boy who was arrested has now been released without charge, but our investigation is still rapidly expanding.

We know that the answer to the question of what happened to Kyron lies in what others know. We are asking anyone who witnessed what happened to him to come and talk to us.

Kyron’s family quite rightly have a lot of questions, and I won’t stop until we are able to answer them.

– Chief Superintendent Wasim Chaudhry, Greater Manchester Police

Man charged with murder after fatal stabbing

54-year-old Thomas Grace was found with a knife wound on Tuesday. Credit: Merseyside Police

A man's been charged with the murder of a man who was stabbed to death in Prescot on Merseyside.

Thomas Grace, 54, was found seriously injured in Beaconsfield on Tuesday night. Dale Murray, 31, of no fixed abode, is due to appear at Liverpool Magistrates' Court later today.


A 17 year old boy charged with murder after death of Sait Mboob in Mosside.

Sait Mboob died from stab wounds. A 17 year old has been charged with murder

A boy has been charged in connection with the murder of Sait Mboob. A 17-year-old boy, who cannot be named for legal reasons, has been charged with murder and three counts of attempted murder.

He remains in custody and is due to appear at Manchester and Salford Magistrates’ Court tomorrow.

Shortly before 8.40pm on Tuesday 8 August police were called to reports of a fight on Crosshill Road.

When officers arrived they discovered four people with stab wounds, and they were taken to hospital. Sait Mboob, 18, sadly died shortly afterwards.

Man arrested over fatal stabbing of Shaun Murphy

Police were called to Greenbrow Road in the early hours of Saturday. Credit: MEN Syndication

Police have named a man who was stabbed to death in south Manchester as 38-year-old Shaun Murphy.

A 23-year-old man was arrested on suspicion of murder late on Saturday night. He remains in custody for questioning.

I have a large team investigating Shaun’s murder and this morning we arrested a 23-year-old man. This investigation is still in it’s early stages and we are continuing to follow a number of lines of enquiry.

Our investigation does not finish there however, so I am still appealing for anyone who may have any information that could help us to get in touch.

Any information, no matter how small could be vital to our investigation.

– Detective Chief Inspector Jane Higham, Greater Manchester Police

Anyone with any information is asked to contact police on 0161 856 8797, or alternatively call 101 or the independent charity Crimestoppers anonymously on 0800 555 111.

Load more updates