Flybe have announced a new direct flight path reconnecting the Isle of Man with London's largest airport for the first time since 2002.Read the full story ›
The number of passengers who used the Isle of Man's airport and ports increased significantly in 2017.Read the full story ›
main carriageway from j18 still closed - also the slip j18 traffic can get back on the m6 at j17
The M6 Southbound in Cheshire is closed because of an oil spillage caused by an overturned lorry.
The carriageway is closed betweeen J18 (A54 Middlewich/Holmes Chapel) and J17 (A534 Sandbach/Crewe)
Work to recover the overturned lorry is underway.
Traffic is advised to follow the Solid Square diversion - leaving then M6 at J18 and then take the A54, A50, A534 to re-join the M6 at J17.
Police are asking people to be patient when trying to contact them as they are receiving a high number of calls.
The M62 eastbound sliproad at Milnrow is closed between J21 and J22 because of snow.
Snow is also affecting Snake Pass between Hurst Road (Glossop) and A6013 (Ladybower Reservoir).
The 'Wirral Loop Line Track Renewal' programme starts in the new year which will mean no cross-river rail services between the Wirral and Liverpool for six weeks.
Merseytravel are encouraging rail commuters to stick with public transport in order to ease congestion on the roads. However, increased traffic is expected especially through the tunnels.
The work will begin on Tuesday 3rd January 2017.
Watch the report below:
- Road users can also call the Highways England customer contact centre on 0300 123 5000 to keep up to date with road conditions.
A young woman from Bury has described her terror after being held against her will on a backpacking holiday to Australia.
Mary Kate Heys, who's 20, accepted a lift from a 22 year old man in the state of Queensland, on Australia's east coast.
But when the driver started acting strangely she feared for her life.
Miri secretly managed to text her dad back home in the UK, who alerted the police in Australia.
There are severe delays on the M56 due to a serious accident involving multiple cars and a lorry.Read the full story ›
Replacement buses in place on Merseyrail services due to electrical supply problems around the Wirral Loop Line between Hamilton Square and Liverpool James Street.
Buses are running between:
- Birkenhead Central and Liverpool Central
- Birkenhead North and Liverpool Central
- M60 blocked anticlockwise between junction 21 at Hollinwood and Junction 20 at Higher Blackley due to a police incident on a bridge over the carriageway.
- M60 blocked clockwise between junction 19 at Heaton Park and junction 20 at Higher Blackley .
- A664 Manchester New Road both ways closed due to police incident between Mossway and A6104 Victoria Avenue.
Rail services in Lancashire and Cumbria are disrupted due to engineering works not being finished in time.
- All lines are blocked between Preston and Oxenholme Lake District
- Coaches have been requested to replace services at Lancaster, Preston, Oxenholme Lake District, Penrith & Carlisle
- Tickets for services between Preston and Oxenholme Lake District are being accepted on Virgin Trains East Coast, Scot Rail and Cross Country, via any reasonable route
- Replacement bus services in place between Kendal, Windermere and Oxenholme