A number or roads across Cumbria have been hit by flooding following the issue of a yellow wind and rain warning by the Met Office.Read the full story ›
The Isle of Man has experienced major flooding across the island's towns and villages.Read the full story ›
A number of flood warnings have been issued in Cumbria following alerts of heavy rain and gale force winds across the Border region.
Where are flood warnings in place?
- Dragley Beck at Ulverston from Dragley Beck Bridge on Well Lane downstream to South Ulverston
- Keswick Campsite
- Poaka Beck, The Yarl, Hagg Gill and Butts Beck at Dalton in Furness including Town Centre, Queen St
- Poaka Beck, The Yarl, Hagg Gill and Butts Beck at Dalton in Furness, including other areas
- River Ehen at Egremont, Bleach Green, Ennerdale Mill, Springfield Rd, Vale View, Wood Bank
- River Greta at Keswick, Fitz Park and Riverside Flats Areas
- River Greta at Keswick, Keswick Campsite, Rugby Club and Quinta
- River Kent at Burneside, Steeles Row and Carling Steps
- River Kent at Kendal, Benson Green, Burneside Rd, Gilthwaite Rigg, and St Johns Ambulance
- Wiza Beck & Black Beck at Wigton, Station Rd
Drivers are advised to expect difficult travel conditions and delays to their journey. For traffic updates please visit https://www.cumbria.police.uk/Traffic/Traffic.aspx
Heavy rainfall has caused major flooding on numerous roads on the Isle of Man.
The Department of Infrastructure, fire service, police and civil defence are working in the following areas:
- Union Mills, Main Road
- Glen Vine, Main Road
- Kirk Michael, Main Road
- Ballanard Road, Douglas
- Colby, Main Road
- Little Mill Road, Onchan
The Mountain Road is completely closed and the junctions between the Liverpool Arms to Groudle Road and Lower Foxdale – Mines Road to the Hope.
In light of the forecast of continuous heavy rain, the public are requested to avoid all but essential journeys on our roads. Many roads are becoming impassable and we would be grateful if the public could assist us by keeping what roads are passable clear for the emergency services. Thankyou.
Wind and rain warnings into WednesdayRead the full story ›
Colder weather returns with frost and wintry showers to end the weekRead the full story ›
Met. Office Yellow warnings for rain and wind on WednesdayRead the full story ›
Feeling very different over the next few days compared to the last few daysRead the full story ›
Your Granada weather outlook for the next few daysRead the full story ›