The Government is making the right long-term choices for Britain, Danny Alexander said today as he set out plans to boost economic growth through a series of major infrastructure projects.
Making a statement to the House of Commons he said he would commit £5.8 billion in capital grant and a further £3.8 billion of borrowing power between 2015-16 and 2020-21 to Transport for London.
Here is what the Spending Review could mean to you:
- Crossrail 2 examining funding and financing options
- Upgrades to Piccadilly and Bakerloo lines
- Gospel Oak and Barking electrification
- High Speed 2
- Thameslink upgrade
- Improvements to London Waterloo station
- Increased capacity across London, including at London Bridge, Victoria and St Pancras Stations
- Rebuilding of 46 schools in poor condition as part of the Priority School Building Programme
- £160 million for decent homes, mainly in London.