Man dies after a vibrator becomes lodged in his body

The inquest heard how Mr Willis was a diabetic, and unemployed at the time of his death Credit: PA

A man died after a vibrator became lodged in his body and he was too embarrassed to see a doctor.

The inquest into the death of 50-year-old Nigel Willis heard how he could not remove the sex aid, and spent five days lying on the sofa of the home he shared with his elderly mother in Forest Gate in southeast London.

Southwark Coroners' Court court heard Nigel Willis was left dizzy, weak and unable to move. He was taken to Lewisham Hospital on 30 December 2013 after a friend begged him to get help.

He was taken to intensive care on New Year's Eve after suffering septic shock.

The coroner ruled Nigel Willis, of Dartmouth Road in Forest Hill, died as a result of an accident.