The first ever eBay 'rich list' has been published - and reveals that Britain's top sellers are raking in up to £17million a year trading on the site.
The 'Power UK Index' ranks the site's biggest independent sellers and reveals they have an average annual turnover of nearly £4million. Perhaps unsurprisingly, the most common type of seller in the index is electrical goods - accounting for seven.
But four of the best sellers are fishing shops, with motoring related sellers claiming another four premier spots and fancy dress vendors taking three.
The huge figures reveal how eBay has inspired a new generation of entrepreneurs who have built money-spinning businesses out of the online marketplace.
The Power 30 UK Index was compiled by www.NetVoucherCodes.co.uk using data from the eBay analysis tool Terapeak.
Top of the list is Chinedu 'Ken' Emechebe, 37, who sells mobile phone accessories under the name 'universalgadgets01'. He has turned his bedroom trading hobby into a business with sales of over £15million-a-year and employs around 45 people to help with eBay sales.
The father-of-two said:
There are more than 200,000 UK business selling on ebay.co.uk, plus millions of private sellers, generating an estimated £6billion of sales in the UK every year.> Top of the list universalgadgets01 has been selling on eBay since 2008 and has monthly sales of £1,477,644.63.> The company sells gadgets like mobile phone accessories and cables, and was the first UK company to get 1 million feedback seller in 2012.> Mr Emechebe starting his company in the spare room of his two-bed London flat. Since then he has been forced to relocate three more times due to his growing company, and now works out of a 1,200sq ft warehouse.> He sells around 2,500 items a day on eBay, with most coming direct from factories around the world.> Among his most popular items are the iPhone 5, ethernet cables and headphones.> Here's the 10 ten list of monthly sales:
1) universalgadgets01 - Electronics and gadgets - £1,477,644.63
2) Babz - Electronics and consumables - £1,427,534.13
3) estocks - Entertainment and electronics - £995,558.10
4) thinkprice - Everything - £633,881.03
5) bargain-bonanza - Everything - £549,845.31
6) worldofbooks08 - Books - £547,916.04
7) lmelctrical - Electrical - £539,310.72
8) p.fjones - Car parts and spars - £279,666.84
9) angling--warehouse - Fishing and outdoors - £251,525.26
10) aceparts--uk - Car parts and spares - £209,132.98