New research reveals the range of the gap in house prices near tube stations across the capital.
totallymoney.com has calculated the cost of one square foot of property in London.
- The space the size of a double bed (not including bedside table or door) near Covent Garden tube would cost £54,928
- Shortest commute for property priced at less than £500 per square foot on the tube map: Bromley-by-Bow or North Acton
- Tube line with the most expensive average property price (£1,125 per square foot): Hammersmith and City line
- Tube line with the cheapest average property price: Metropolitan Line (£504 per square foot)
- Line with largest disparity in prices: Piccadilly. Price per square foot at Knightsbridge is £2,214 while 15 stops away at Hatton Cross it's just £370/sq ft