Father of bride who died from carbon monoxide poisoning calls for law to be toughened up

A father whose daughter died from carbon monoxide poisoning is calling for the law to be changed to make gas boilers safer.

Katie Haines died in 2010 after being overcome by the gas which was leaking from a faulty boiler.

Today is the start is Gas Safety Week. Katie's father Gordon Samuel wants checks to be carried out on all gas boilers annually and carbon monoxide alarms to be made complulsory.

For more information about how to keep your home safe click here.