The Night Overground network extends to serve Highbury & Islington and Canonbury from tonight (February 23), linking the service to the Victoria Line for the first time.
Night Overground started on Friday and Saturday nights between Dalston Junction and New Cross Gate in December 2017. Transport for London says more than 35,000 journeys have been made on it so far.
The Mayor of London, Sadiq Khan, said: “Following our hugely successful launch of the Night Tube, I’m delighted that we will be extending the Night Overground service from this weekend to help even more Londoners. This extension will connect the Night Overground to the Night Tube. These night-time services are providing a huge boost to our economy and a safe and reliable way for people to travel across the capital, helping all those working hard during the night or out enjoying everything the capital’s nightlife has to offer.”
Jonathan Fox, TfL’s Director of London Rail and Sponsored Services, said: “The extension of Night Overground to Highbury & Islington will make life easier for thousands more Londoners and visitors, opening up a new late night connection between east and north London and boosting the night time economy. It builds on the great success of the Night Overground services we introduced last year, which have already seen more than 35,000 customers. We’ve worked closely with our staff and BTP to keep people safe and secure while travelling, with only one low-level crime reported so far. Passengers will now be able to interchange with both the Victoria and Jubilee line Night Tube services, enhancing connectivity and making night time journeys even easier.”