Point of View is an ITV News series where we invite people to share their life experiences and what they've learned from them.
A 24-year-old business account manager by day - by July Farhia Ali will be a Miss Universe Great Britain contender.
If she makes it all the way to the Miss Universe finals she will be the first contestant ever to wear one in the competition's 68 year history.
Farhia is already the first contestant in Britain to wear one to the national hunt to find Miss Universe Great Britain.
More from our Point of View series:
- SAS: Who Dares Wins star Jason Fox on 'therapeutic' gunfights and PTSD battle
- Elizabeth Day: 'Why we shouldn't be scared of our failures'
- Elma van Vliet: The questions I decided to ask my terminally ill mother before she died
- Author Nicci Gerrard: 'What I learned from my father's dementia'
- Melanie Reid: How writing became my salvation
- Abbi Naylor: What I learned from my extreme response to turning 30
- Bella Mackie: How going for a jog saved my life
- Josh Boggi: How I became the first triple amputee rescue diver
- Katrina Lawrence: Why I no longer hide my self-harm scars