A mother from Surrey is warning parents of children with allergies to check the adrenaline pens they have are not faulty.
Claire Flanagan had to rush her daughter Caoimhe to hospital after she had a reaction to a curry which contained peanuts and their adrenaline pen did not work.
Caoimhe was going into anaphylactic shock and was struggling to breathe. Luckily, an ambulance arrived in time to take her to A&E where she could get the adrenaline she needed to stabilize her.
Two weeks ago the UK's medicine regulator issued a warning about Emerade pens saying that sometimes the needle can become blocked so they can't release adrenaline. It's thought to affect around two in every thousand.
Bausch and Lomb, the company that makes the pens told ITV News they're aware of the issue and are working to fix it. Claire says she had no idea about the fault until it was too late.
The government say there's a shortage of adrenaline pens on the market so recalling them is not an option.
Claire wants anyone else who has one to check the serial number online before they need it.