The mother of a teenager who was shot dead in Greenwich, south east London, has urged others to help "stamp out" violence on the anniversary of her son's death.

Eighteen-year-old Ethan Nedd-Bruce was found dead outside a house on Armitage Road in October 2018, but police are still hunting for his killer.

They believe that Mr Nedd-Bruce was involved in an altercation with a group of males after he left a nearby chicken shop and are re-appealing for any information about the incident.

Ethan Nedd-Bruce Credit: Met Police

The males pursued Mr Nedd-Bruce on a motorbike and in a silver Ford Kuga, before attacking him in Hevelius Close.

Detectives continue to investigate the exact circumstances of the murder, though it is believed it was a targeted attack that was linked to a number of other incidents in the area between two criminal networks.

Mr Nedd-Bruce's mother, Cherie Nedd, said that the lives of her family had been "shattered, never to be repaired".

Our hearts are completely broken. Finding the murderers will not bring Ethan back, but it will help to give the family closure that we so deserve.

Cherie Nedd, mother

She added that the attack had had a profound impact on her local community.

There's nobody that hasn't been affected. He was a teenager, known by many different organisations. It's just rocked everybody's world, young and old.

Cherie Nedd, mother

A memorial will be held to mark one year since Mr Nedd-Bruce's death featuring tributes to his character. Asked about what she would say to her son's killers, Ms Nedd said:

I wouldn't want to send a message to the people that did this. I would just say that we need to stamp out anything like this happening again, to any other family, any other mother, father. It should not happen.

Cherie Nedd, mother

Officers have returned to the scene of the attack on Armitage Road, and images and footage have been released as the search continues.

One image shows a white male with a beard holding a mobile phone, who police believe could be a key witness. He walked past the chicken shop moments before the attack.

The footage shows the two vehicles that were used by Mr Nedd-Bruce's attackers during the incident.

It shows a motorbike with a rider and pillion passenger and a silver Ford Kuga with a number of occupants.

On the night of the attack officers were called to the estate in Greenwich at 9.25pm following reports of a disturbance, where they found Mr Nedd-Bruce collapsed.

Police initially believed that he had suffered a stabbing injury, but a post mortem later revealed that it was caused by a gunshot.

It is now a year since Ethan was murdered but our work to identify and arrest those responsible has not diminished.

Detective Chief Inspector Richard Leonard. Met Police