Keane Flynn-Harling: Man who stabbed schoolboy in neck in south London jailed for life

Sadikee Williams (l) and Keane Flynn-Harling. Credit: BPM Media

A man who stabbed a schoolboy in the neck without any apparent motive has been jailed for life.

Keane Flynn-Harling, 16, was murdered by a man 20 years older than him in south London last summer.

Sadikee Williams, 37, attacked the teenager after a brief exchange on Kibworth Street in Lambeth, then fled the scene.

Isleworth Crown Court heard Williams had been in the company of two other men that evening, and had been on the balcony of a first floor flat.

Keane and two friends had passed by and after one of the men shouted at him, a short exchange followed.

Williams then left the flat and ran towards him before stabbing him in the neck. Following the murder, he and the two others chased Keane’s friends but they were able to escape.

After being attacked Keane ran for a short distance before collapsing in the street.

Police were called just before midnight after members of the public heard Keane’s cries for help.

Keane Flynn-Harling was described by his family as "beautiful, kind, caring and loving" Credit: BPM Media

Emergency services, including the London Ambulance Service, rushed to the scene but despite their best efforts, he died 45 minutes later.

A post-mortem examination concluded that he had died as a result of a single stab wound to the neck. He had also received another significant stab wound to his face.

A murder investigation was launched by the Specialist Crime South, and Williams was arrested a week later.

Officers had been able to identify him because of a jacket he had been seen wearing at the time of the murder.

The same jacket was found at the Sturminster House flat during searches by officers.

Mobile data also had placed Williams near the address at the time Keane was killed.

Following his arrest, he answered 'no comment' to all questions until he was presented with CCTV footage that showed him wearing the jacket on the day of the murder.

He admitted it was him in the footage, and then asked to consult with his solicitor.

During the trial, he admitted being in the flat but denied leaving the property to carry out the fatal attack.

He had been charged with murder and possession of an offensive weapon and was ultimately convicted by the jury.

Williams, of Robsart Street, SW9, was jailed for life with a minimum of 21 years.

'Intent on causing serious harm'

Detective Inspector Adam Guttridge, from Specialist Crime South, said: “Williams is a dangerous individual who did not hesitate in killing a teenage boy in cold blood.

"Whilst his reasons for carrying out the murder remain unknown, what we do know is that the moment he saw Keane and his friends that evening he was intent on causing serious harm and had no regard for the consequences or devastation he would cause.

"Keane’s family have had to suffer this unbearable loss because of his actions.

"While Williams made efforts to hide his tracks, it was thanks to the efforts of the officers in their meticulous work around CCTV and mobile phone analysis, as well as the testimonies of a number of key witnesses that we were able to present such a strong case and secure this prosecution."

Keane's family said: "Keane was a beautiful, kind, caring and loving son. A wonderful young man who would always light up a room.

"He had a huge smile and an even bigger heart. His family meant everything to him. He was a doting older brother and cousin who enjoyed riding bikes and playing football with his friends.

"Keane’s presence will be sadly missed by all who had the pleasure of knowing him, especially his mother, father, brothers and sister."

Want a quick and expert briefing on the biggest news stories? Listen to our latest podcasts to find out...