Live updates

World Cycle Race starts from Greenwich

Three elite cyclists set off on an 18,000 mile trip from Greenwich this afternoon. The World Cyle Race is thought to be one of the toughest cycling competitions on the planet. It's expected to take the team around 3 and a half months to complete.

Lee Fancourt is taking part in the race and he told ITV News why he decided to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital.


£20,000 boost for Great Ormond Street

Two-year-old Yasmin Parsons is being treated at Great Ormond Street Hospital. Credit: Andrew Parsons/i-Images/PA Wire

The family of a two-year-old leukaemia patient has raised more than £20,000 for Great Ormond Street Hospital (GOSH).

Yasmin Parsons, from Woodford Green in Essex, is being treated at the hospital after being diagnosed with acute lymphoblastic lymphoma in August.

Her parents, photographer Andrew Parsons and writer Karen Attwood, created a blog - - which tells the story of Yasmin's treatment and aims to raise awareness of childhood cancer while raising money for GOSH.


Woman thought to be toddler's mother treated for shock

Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in Lansdowne Crescent shortly after 2.25pm on Monday October 29 following reports of an injured infant.

On arrival, officers found a two-year-old girl who was treated by paramedics and taken to a west London hospital. She was pronounced dead at 3.17pm.

A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital is scheduled to take place in due course.

– Scotland Yard spokesman

The spokesman said a woman, believed to be the toddler's mother, was taken to hospital and treated for shock.

Officers from Kensington and Chelsea CID are investigating the incident. At this stage it is being treated as non-suspicious.

Police probe two-year-old's death

Police are investigating the death of a toddler who was reportedly found dead inside her cot after becoming tangled in a blind cord.

The infant, aged two, was found at a luxury home in west London's Notting Hill on Monday. She was pronounced dead by paramedics less than an hour later.

Scotland Yard said they were treating the death as non-suspicious and that a post-mortem examination was due to take place to establish how the little girl died.