Live updates

Man and four-year-old girl found dead by police

Credit: Daniel Leal-Olivas/PA Wire

A man believed to be in his 40s and a girl thought to be four years old have been found dead at a property in Notting Hill.

Police were called to an address in Colville Square shortly before 8pm yesterday, following concerns for the welfare of people living there.

Officers forced their way in and found the two bodies. Both were pronounced dead at the scene by London Ambulance Service.

The deaths are being treated as unexplained.

A woman in her 30s has been arrested in connection with the deaths and is currently in custody. Police are not looking for anyone else as part of the investigation. They are in the process of informing family members. A post-mortem examination will be held in due course.


Man arrested over murder of grandfather in Notting Hill

Anthony Charlery was stabbed on the 29th of August. Credit: Metropolitan Police

Police have arrested a 38 year-old man in connection with the murder of Anthony Charlery in Notting Hill on Friday. The grandfather was stabbed just before midnight as he left the Mau Mau bar in Portobello Road.

A 21 year-old man was also arrested yesterday. But police are still looking for witnesses:

I appeal to anyone who knows the identity of the persons involved to call detectives. Tony was a local man and a much loved grandfather. His family are devastated by his death in such a brutal way. As I believe the two suspects to be local men, I especially appeal to the Notting Hill community for help.

– Detective Chief Inspector Nicola Wall, Metropolitan Police


Residents given a say in plans for high street makeover

Residents in Notting Hill are being given the chance to have their say on plans for a major makeover of the high street. A council consultation starting today will see three options to improve Notting Hill Gate. The proposals include:

  • The demolition of two buildings known as the "ugly sister" tower blocks
  • Narrowing the road
  • Opening a museum or art gallery in the area

Woman thought to be toddler's mother treated for shock

Police were called by the London Ambulance Service to an address in Lansdowne Crescent shortly after 2.25pm on Monday October 29 following reports of an injured infant.

On arrival, officers found a two-year-old girl who was treated by paramedics and taken to a west London hospital. She was pronounced dead at 3.17pm.

A post-mortem at Great Ormond Street Hospital is scheduled to take place in due course.

– Scotland Yard spokesman

The spokesman said a woman, believed to be the toddler's mother, was taken to hospital and treated for shock.

Officers from Kensington and Chelsea CID are investigating the incident. At this stage it is being treated as non-suspicious.

Load more updates