The project includes:
- A new Central Foyer - a glazed atrium that will cover the space between the Queen Elizabeth Hall and Purcell Room, and the Hayward Gallery.
- A new Glass Pavilion - a venue "floating" on top of the Central Foyer, designed to hold a full orchestra of 150 and choir of up to 250 plus small audience.
- A new 'liner' building along Waterloo Bridge, including a national literature centre and two restaurants.
- New venues for gigs and dance performances in the undercrofts - the spaces underneath the complex.
- general refurbishment work
- improved disabled access
More top news
O'Brien and Mr Hanson had never met before their paths crossed for a matter of seconds in the bar, jurors were told.
The Fallen Tree in Richmond Park and The North Circular Cork Oak are two of ten shortlisted.
The technology has been developed to spot weapons concealed under clothing at distances of up to 30ft.