London Underground's operational development and upgrades director, Nigel Holness, said he was disappointed at the threat of industrial action over new trains.
He said good progress had been made in talks with the RMT on Wednesday and a further meeting was planned today.
"I would urge the RMT to work with us to bring about these improvements and remove the completely unnecessary threat of pointless disruption from hanging over our customers,"
On the Piccadilly line ballot, Phil O'Hare, LU's Piccadilly line manager, said he was hopeful the issues with the RMT could be resolved.
He said there had been two "very positive meetings" with the union, and management was "due to meet with the union's regional organiser next week to finalise an agreement".
More top news
Ms Begum, now 19, left the UK in 2015 and was recently found in a Syrian refugee camp after living under IS rule for more than three years.
London Mayor Sadiq Khan said he believed "the right to peaceful and lawful protest must always be upheld".
Tafida Raqeeb's parents won a High Court battle when a judge ruled the youngster could be moved to the Gaslini children's hospital in Genoa.