Commuters fled a busy Tube station in panic today after a passenger's electrical device overheated, causing sparks and smoke to pour out of his bag. Passengers screamed and ran out of Chancery Lane station in central London while others were in tears following the security scare at 9.30am.
A British Transport Police spokesman said the man who owned the device immediately got off the Tube and spoke to staff after he realised his device was smoking. They said no one was hurt in the incident, and it is not being treated as suspicious.
More top news
The unlicensed events unfolded on Saturday night at Clapham Common and Tooting Bec Common.
A 37 year old man who was taken to hospital after getting into difficulty in a stretch of water near Maidenhead has died.
Jonty Bravery, who is mentally ill, has been jailed for 15 years after throwing a six year old boy from the Tate modern balcony.