If you or anyone you know has been affected by of the issues in our special programme about domestic abuse you can find help and support from the following charities.
HESTIA: Supporting adults and children in crisis across London - campaigning on the issues that affect them. Their Bright Sky app supports those experiencing domestic abuse as well as concerned friends and family members.
- WOMEN'S AID: A grassroots federation working together to provide life-saving services and build a future where domestic violence is not tolerated.
- REFUGE: Supports women and children who experience all forms of violence and abuse.
- VICTIM SUPPORT: Working towards a world where people affected by crime or traumatic events get the support they need.
- RIGHTS OF WOMEN: Offers confidential legal advice on domestic and sexual violence. They produce free information sheets which can be downloaded from their website.
- FLOWS: Legal options for women survivors
- NATIONAL DOMESTIC VIOLENCE HOTLINE: National service for women experiencing domestic violence, their family, friends, colleagues and others calling on their behalf.
- MANKIND INITIATIVE: Available for all men across the UK suffering from domestic violence or domestic abuse by their current or former wife or husband or partner.
- EVERYMAN PROJECT:Prevent interpersonal violence, in particular domestic violence and abuse - working with perpetrators to address the root causes.