Coronavirus is a new illness that can affect your lungs and airways. The UK Chief Medical Officers have raised the risk to the public from low to moderate.
There's currently no vaccine for coronavirus. But there are things you can do to help stop germs like coronavirus spreading.
DO cover your mouth and nose with a tissue or your sleeve (not your hands) when you cough or sneeze
DO put used tissues in the bin straight away
DO wash your hands with soap and water often – use hand sanitiser gel if soap and water are not available
DO try to avoid close contact with people who are unwell
- DON'T do not touch your eyes, nose or mouth if your hands are not clean
Symptoms of coronavirus are a cough, a high temperature and shortness of breath.
Call 111 now if you have been
- to Wuhan or Hubei Province in China in the last 14 days (even if you do not have symptoms)
- to other parts of China, including Macau and Hong Kong, in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- to Thailand, Japan, Taiwan, Singapore, Republic of Korea or Malaysia in the last 14 days and have a cough, high temperature or shortness of breath (even if it's mild)
- in close contact with someone with confirmed coronavirus