Campers warned to stay safe

Campers enjoying a meal outside -m and not risking death inside their tents Credit: PA

As the sun finally promises to make an appearance - in time for the school holidays - there's a stark warning to campers - stay safe or face deadly consequences.

This year seven people have died from carbon monoxide poisoning after taking barbecues and heaters into their tents. Just three months ago a six-year-old girl died at the Holmsley campsite in the New Forest.

Today a man who lost his wife during a camping incident urged people to be aware of the risks. More shortly.