An investigation into the fire that destroyed 80 cars at the weekend has concluded that it was started by a discarded cigarette.
Hampshire Fire Service has bene looking into the blaze that swept through the car park on Friday afternoon just before 4.15pm on the second day of the four-day festival.
A spokesman for Hampshire Fire and Rescue said that their investigation has concluded that a discarded cigarette igniting stubble around the parked cars is the probable cause.
This devastating fire shows the danger and impact of discarding lit cigarettes.
At its peak there were six crews fighting the fire. Nobody was injured.
A spokesman for Boomtown said that they had yet to receive the report so were unable to comment.
We have a full operation in process to support those affected by the incident and assisting getting them home via a variety of methods depending on the individual circumstances.
A Hampshire Police spokesman warned people to expect additional traffic congestion as thousands of people made their way home.
An extra 10,000 people came to the event compared to last year. Despite an increase in attendance, reported crimes and drugs arrests at the festival were down.
The fire on Friday was well handled with great assistance from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service and plenty of support on site from the festival organisers for those affected.