1. ITV Report

Four jailed for drug and firearm offences in Hampshire

4 men jailed for a total of 17 years Photo: Hampshire Police

Four men have been sentenced to a total of 17 years - the result of an investigation by Hampshire Police's Serious and Organised Crime Unit in Southampton.

They were jailed for their part in a conspiracy to supply drugs in the city.

Police stopped a vehicle on the M3 on September 6th.

In the boot of the car officers found 1 kilogram of cannabis.

The driver - Michal Lasak - had been sent to Andover by a man to collect drugs from his contact in the town, Shey Roberts. Lasak was charged the following day.

Officers identified Roberts and charged him with conspiracy to supply drugs with a street value of more than £10,000.

Michal Lasak and Shey Roberts jailed for drug offences Credit: Hampshire Police

Five days later, on the morning of September 11th, armed response officers stopped a vehicle on Archers Road. Inside was Sylwester Idziak.

Officers knew he'd just been handed a bag from Simon Teckle - which they found in the foot well, containing a handgun and eight rounds of ammunition.

Handgun found in Idziak's car Credit: Hampshire Police

Idziak and Teckle were arrested a short while later.

A search of Teckle's home resulted in the discovery of an amount of cannabis with a street value of more than £1,500.

Sylwester Idziak and Simon Tekle Credit: Hampshire Police

The four men were sentenced at Southampton Crown Court for a combined total of 17 years and 5 months.

"These men were organised criminals that were handling a large amount of drugs in the city. We are extremely pleased that the activities of this organised criminal group were disrupted. We targeted these individuals because of the high level of coordinated criminality they were engaged in. Not only were they a threat to one another and those they did business with, but they were a danger to people in our communities.

“This case shows our commitment to identifying and tackling organised crime groups intent on bringing a high level of harm to our city."

– Det Insp Andy Symes, Senior Investigating Officer