Talks between Britain and France are aimed at helping French patrols to deter migrants from making the journeys.
- 151 completed the crossing from France to Kent in past six days
- On Wednesday last week, almost 100 attempted to cross
- On Friday and Monday a total of 120 migrants attempted to cross
- On Tuesday 54 migrants attempted to cross
- On Wednesday 28th August, another 18 were intercepted
Home Secretary Priti Patel is meeting her French counterpart in Paris. It's expected she will be told that the migrants are a British rather than French problem. But the talks are focusing on providing support to help French patrols deter migrants from making the journey in the first place.
Interview below with Charlie Elphicke MP, Dover, Independent...
Interview below with Matthew Saltmarsh, UN Refugee Agency...