The owner and manager of a Chinese takeaway in Hampshire have been prosecuted for breaching food hygiene legislation.
Food safety officers found dirty conditions at Panda Chinese Takeaway, in Wickham Square, with food debris, grease and dirt on surfaces and equipment. They also discovered poor drainage and structural problems with the floor, shelving and rear storage area.
Despite receiving warnings from the officers, who visited a number of times, restaurant bosses did not make the necessary improvements.
Manager, Mr An Le, and owner, Mr Mohammed Riaze, both pleaded guilty of failing to comply with food safety requirements.
Mr Le was fined £2154 and ordered to pay a £170 victim surcharge and £6495 costs. Mr Riaze was fined £613 and ordered to pay a £61 victim surcharge and £2500 costs.
Food businesses that repeatedly fail to comply with food safety standards will inevitably face prosecution as a final outcome. It is important that we ensure this legislation is followed and we will always seek to prosecute in cases like this where the safety of our residents is at risk. This council does not tolerate poor food hygiene standards and the consequences are very serious.