1. ITV Report

Father of two hit by ambulance on A34 was 'kind, generous and loving man'

Father of two Adrian Bourne was 35. Credit: Thames Valley Police

Tributes have been paid to a father of two who was killed after being hit by an ambulance on the A34 near Oxford.

Adrian Bourne, 35, from Chippenham in Wiltshire, was described as a 'kind, generous and loving man' who was 'tirelessly positive and full of life'.

He was struck on the northbound carriageway of the A34 on 29 November.

It happened between the junctions for Peartree and Islip in Oxfordshire at about 3:20am

His family has issued a statement. His partner did not want to give her name but said “Ade loved life and adored his family, especially our two boys more than anything in the world."

"He took his job very seriously and genuinely loved what he did. Outside of work he was a kind, generous and loving man; he never had a bad word to say about anyone, always looked for the positive in things and had the ability to make everyone around him smile.

“At weekends he would often be seen down the park teaching our sons to play football, or throwing himself down slides at soft play. He was a huge part of our lives and we will miss him more than words can say”

“Family, friends, neighbours and colleagues have been incredibly supportive, offering kind words and help

“He was a keen sportsman who was always up for a challenge; he especially loved cycling, football and running and was entered to run the Bath half again in March next year.

“Adrian had many groups of friends, originating from school, football, work and family. Whatever he did, he made new friends and his ability to maintain so many close friendships really was testament to his friendly, open and fun personality that continually warmed him to others; he will be sorely missed”.

– Adrian's partner

The family want to thank the charities ‘Winston’s Wish’ and ‘Brake’ for their invaluable support and guidance, especially for their two young boys, during this very difficult time.

The ambulance was not answering an emergency call at the time of the crash, South Central Ambulance Service (SCAS) said.