Drivers are being warned part of the M23 in West Sussex has been shut from 9pm Friday, 28th February.
The northbound carriageway between junction 10 at Copthorne and junction 8 at Merstham will not reopen until Monday morning, 2nd March
It's the first of four weekends of roadworks, which means it will take longer to get to Gatwick.
They're building a smart motorway despite the Government carrying out a review of the scheme.
- Friday 28 February until Monday 2 March: Northbound junctions 10-8
- Friday 6 March until Monday 9 March: Southbound junctions 8-10
- Friday 13 March until Monday 16 March: Northbound junctions 10-8
- Friday 20 March until Monday 23 March: Southbound junctions 8-10
The last weekend in March is a split weekend with a northbound closure from Friday night to Saturday night and a southbound closure the rest of the weekend:
- 9pm Friday 27 March to 1am Sunday 29 March: Northbound junctions 10-8 (28 hours)
- 1am Sunday 29 March to 5am Monday 30 March: Southbound junctions 8-10 (28 hours)All closures will be subject to change and are weather dependent.
A fully signed diversion route will be in place to aid motorists with their journeys.