Watch: ITV News Meridian's James Dunham reports.
A Sussex father is calling for the law around allergens to be changed, after his son died from a fatal allergic reaction at a restaurant.
Owen Carey died four years ago, after he was served a chicken disk coated in buttermilk, despite telling restaurant staff he was allergic to dairy.
Paul Carey wants restaurants to display allergens on their menus and provide further training to staff.
Watch: Paul Carey explains why Owen's law is needed.
Paul wants Owen's law to follow Natasha's law, which was championed by the parents of Natasha Ednan-Laperouse who died after an allergic reaction to a baguette.
Natasha's law comes into effect next month, and will mandate that businesses must label all allergens on a pre-packaged product.
Watch: Anne Godfrey from GS1 UK explains what needs to happen for Natasha's law to work.
However, research has found that 80% of businesses feel unprepared about the law change, 40% had not heard about the changes and 60% do not provide allergen training.
Watch: Breakdown of concerns by businesses surrounding Natasha's law.
For Owen's law to work, it would require restaurants to be transparent and boost understanding surrounding allergens.
Paul Carey says he won't stop fighting until the law changes, so that he can prevent other families experiencing the huge loss he has.