Robbers who live-streamed themselves being chased by police in Dartford are jailed

  • The three robbers are brought to a stop and arrested

More than nine years’ imprisonment has been imposed on knife-point robbers who live-streamed themselves being pursued by Kent Police.

Effiong Nsa and Salah Ibrahim robbed a man in Dartford before getaway driver Shamil Ibrahim drove them away from the scene, leading officers on a high-speed chase.

During the pursuit, Salah Ibrahim shared a live video of the group being followed by several police vehicles before specially trained officers brought them to a controlled stop on the A2.

Co-offender Sunny Reeve was arrested elsewhere Dartford on the same afternoon. They were sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on Tuesday the 7th of September 2021.

Effiong Nsa, Salah Ibrahim Sunny Reeve. Credit: Kent Police

The offending began at around 2pm on the 15th of January 2021, when the victim travelled to some garages off of Knights Manor Way to meet Salah Ibrahim.

He was driven to the scene by a friend but, upon arriving, found that Salah Ibrahim had been joined by Nsa and Reeve. After a short conversation, Nsa pulled out a machete and told him to ‘give me everything you got.’

The victim attempted to run away but was chased by all three offenders, who grabbed the back of his coat and pulled him to the floor. He then handed over £20 to Salah Ibrahim.

After handing over the cash, the victim returned to his friend’s vehicle but before they could get away Nsa approached the driver and threatened her with the same weapon. She refused to hand over her keys and phone and the offenders ran away towards a silver BMW 316.

The incident was seen by several witnesses and Kent Police immediately sent patrols to the scene.

  • The robbers stream the pursuit live on social media

Officers located the BMW close to the location of the offence. It was being driven by Shamil Ibrahim, with the other three passengers inside. It failed to stop when it was requested to do so.

A pursuit then took place, during which the vehicle was driven at excessive speed across Dartford, Swanscombe and Northfleet.

It was also observed travelling through red lights, driving towards oncoming vehicles, and heading the wrong way around a roundabout. As the chase was ongoing, Salah Ibrahim live-streamed the offending on a social media account belonging to him.

Despite their dangerous efforts to evade capture, specially trained officers were able to bring the getaway car to a controlled stop on the A2 coast-bound.

Effiong Nsa and both Ibrahims were then pulled from the car, with Reeve detained on the same afternoon elsewhere in Dartford.

  • DCI Mel Smith, Kent Police

Nsa committed the Dartford robbery while he was on bail, and awaiting a court date, having been charged with a robbery which took place at Bluewater Shopping Centre on the 29th of August 2020.

During the offence he and co-offender James Adodo approached a boy on the lower level and demanded he hand over a Canada Goose branded jacket.

Fearing the offenders were in possession of a knife the victim, who was 15 at the time, handed over the jacket which also contained a bank card and wireless earphones to Adodo.

  • Sentences

  • Nsa, 19, of Gouge Avenue, Gravesend, admitted two counts of robbery, attempted robbery and possessing an offensive weapon. He was sentenced to four years and two months’ imprisonment.

  • Reeve, 23, of Knights Manor Way, Dartford, admitted one count of robbery. He was sentenced to two years and four months’ imprisonment.

  • Salah Ibrahim, 20, of Virginia Walk, Gravesend, admitted robbery. He was sentenced to two years and eight months’ imprisonment.

  • Shamil Ibrahim, 21, of Virginia Walk, Gravesend, admitted dangerous driving. He was sentenced to four months’ imprisonment, suspended for a year, at Woolwich Crown Court on 5 May. He was also ordered to complete 150 hours of unpaid work and banned from driving for 18 months.

  • Adodo, 21, of Bell Close, Greenhithe, admitted the Bluewater robbery and was sentenced at Woolwich Crown Court on 12 January 2021 to nine months’ imprisonment.

DCI Mel Smith, from Kent Police, said: "It isn't clever at all and I'd like to say that they need to think about it really seriously because not only did they put the lives of other people at danger but they also put their own lives at danger."

"They put my officers' life at danger and we will pursue them and we will find them and we will arrest and prosecute them wherever we find this evidence".