An agreement to end strike action by refuse collectors in Brighton has been officially approved by the council.
Refuse collections resumed on Monday thanks to a prearranged pause in the strike.
Workers had already taken 13 days of strike action which saw rubbish pile high across Brighton and Hove.
A second strike was scheduled to begin on Thursday for 30 days before a resolution was reached between councillors and the GMB union.
The union says the deal 'will increase pay and end unilateral round changes'.
Gary Palmer GMB regional Organiser said: "We are very proud of GMB members for standing up for themselves to win their own respect and fair treatment.
“They have also had amazing public support, despite the inconvenience the people of Brighton and Hove have had to put up with.
“We will also see all lowest paid council staff - predominantly women workers - across the city get a pay rise as a consequence of this GMB Cityclean campaign.
“GMB union has delivered for working people.”
On the day before the agreement was approved, the council said: “The significant and generous pay deal will benefit some of the lowest paid staff across the whole council as well as the Cityclean service and recognises their immense daily contribution to the city and vital support during the pandemic.
“We apologise to residents, business and visitors to the city for the disruption during the last few weeks and thank you for your patience.”