Fire crews in Oxfordshire have issued a warning over defective batteries after a vape caught fire in a person's pocket.
Firefighters from Bicester Fire Station, Rewley Road Fire Station and Buckingham Fire Station were called to a shop on Saturday afternoon (22 October) after the lithium ion battery inside a vape caught light.
When they arrived the fire was out and the person wasn't injured, but they were given a precautionary check over.
Crews cleared the smoke and gas from the shop which they said took 'some time.'
A spokesperson for Oxfordshire Fire and Rescue said: "With any battery it is advised that if one from a batch is defective then the whole lot should be carefully discarded."