- 3 updates
Travel to and from Pewsey
- From Friday 27 December to Monday 30 December a rail replacement bus service will run between Pewsey and Swindon where connections will be available to London Paddington, Bristol Temple Meads, South Wales and the West of England.
- First Great Western season tickets will be valid on South West Trains from Grateley.
Reading to Newbury/Bedwyn
- Replacement buses operating between Reading/Reading West and Theale from 27 December to 30 December
- On Friday, Saturday and Monday customers wishing to continue their journey to stations to Newbury/Bedwyn will be served by one train every hour from Theale
- 29th December, there will be an hourly replacement bus from Reading/Reading West to Theale. From Theale, there will be an hourly service to Newbury (calling at all stations) with alternate trains extended to Bedwyn (calling at Thatcham, Newbury then all stations to Bedwyn).
- 31st December and 1 January 2014, there will be two trains an hour between Reading and Newbury. Trains continue hourly from Newbury to Bedwyn
Over the Christmas period Network Rail will carry out platform upgrade works at Reading Station, which will impact train services to Newbury and Pewsey.
Train services to Devon and Cornwall will be diverted via Bristol Temple Meads or Melksham. Journey times will take 40 minutes longer.