- 4 updates
Local residents have been forced to leave their homes after a fire broke out on Reading Road in Farnborough at around 3am this morning. The cause of the fire is thought to be linked to a gas main. Video from Rushmoor Fire Station.
A gas main fire which broke out in Farnborough this morning, leading to residents being evacuated, has been extinguished.
Around 50 people were forced out of their homes in Reading Road and to a nearby hall for safety.
There is currently a police cordon in place along the road.
People are being asked to avoid the area if possible.
A gas main fire which broke out in the early hours of this morning in Farnborough is ongoing.
Crews were called to Reading Road at around 3am this morning.
Around 50 residents were evacuated to nearby St Mark's Village Hall for their safety.
Those travelling to work or school are being asked to avoid the area as the road is currently closed.
Around 50 people have been forced to leave their homes this morning after a fire broke out on Reading Road in Farnborough.
Fire crews were called at around 3am and began evacuating residents to nearby St Mark's Village Hall for their safety.
Reading Road is currently closed.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service is currently advising residents to only evacuate if instructed to by crew members.