A hotel in Dorset was evacuated and a sixty metre cordon was put in place after a chlorine gas leak from equipment in the hotel's swimming pool. Twenty firefighters wearing gas tight suits were called to the Sandbanks Hotel in Poole this morning.
All guests were taken out of the building. One person was treated by ambulance crews.
Firefighters are winding down after making safe a leak of chemicals at Sandbanks Hotel in Dorset.They have ventilated and made the area safe.
The chemicals concerned - sodium bisulphate solution and sodium hypochlorite - when mixed make a chlorine solution which gives off chlorine gas.
This had escaped from plant equipment into the plant room and surrounding area. Crews will be remaining on scene for approx 20 minutes.
Guests have been evacuated from a hotel in Dorset and nearby roads and a beach closed after a chemical incident on Banks Road in Poole.
About 20 firefighters from Poole and Westbourne are currently dealing with the incident at Sandbanks Hotel, which is believed to involve chlorine gas and liquid.
The ambulance service is dealing with one casualty at the scene and Dorset Police are also in attendance.