Fire crews in Hampshire face cuts to their frontline services as the organisation prepares to change the face of firefighting in our region.
The combination of budget cuts and the number of fires halving in the past ten years means the staff numbers must also be reduced.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service outlined how it plans to make the changes as Martin Dowse explains.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service has acquired a new rapid response vehicle that has been used for the first time to tackle flooding in the county.
The environmental protection unit (EPU), which is based at Romsey, went to Romsey and Ringwood over the weekend following further bad weather on Friday night.
The specially-equipped vehicle is one of two acquired with the Environment Agency.
A three-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross has been rescued by specialist crews from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service after he became stuck 50m up a cliff face.
Tyler the dog was stuck high on the cliffs in Chalkpit Road, Paulsgrove this morning.
Animal Rescue Specialist Busta Brown managed to reach Tyler using a rope pack and get a dog catching pole around his neck and guide him down to safety.
Tyler was recently rescued by his owners from an animal shelter where he was due to be put down.
A three-year-old Staffordshire Bull Terrier cross has been rescued by specialist crews from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service after he became stuck 50m up a cliff face. Fire control received a call that a dog was stuck high on the cliffs in Chalkpit Road, Paulsgrove this morning.
Animal Rescue Specialist Busta Brown managed to reach Tyler using a rope pack and get a dog catching pole around his neck and guide him down to safety. Tyler was recently rescued by his owners from an animal shelter where he was due to be put down.
They were thrilled to have him back safe and sound and say they still can't figure out how he ended up on the cliff face.
Two Hampshire stores had to be evacuated and 62 people treated by paramedics after gas leaked from a fridge. It happened at Sainsburys in Hedge End near Southampton - as Kerry Swain reports. She speaks to eyewitness Mark Rowe and Hampshire Fire and Rescue's Mark Larrimore.
Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that the gas leak yesterday in Southampton was carbon dioxide, which was emitted from a fridge.
A shopping centre in Hampshire has been evacuated tonight. More than 60 people have been treated following a suspected gas leak. One person has been taken to hospital. Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer at Hedge End were cordoned off.
We talked to Station Commander Mark Larrinore from High Town Fire station, Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service.
A Hampshire shopping centre has been evacuated after a gas leak.
Sainsbury's and Marks and Spencer in Tollbar Way, Hedge End had to be evacuated as teams from the hazardous materials unit for the fire service tried to find the leak.
The alarm was raised after some shoppers and staff complained of not feeling well.
A spokesperson from Hampshire Fire and Rescue Service said they were not able to confirm what type of gas was involved.
They also added that all people were accounted for.
Hampshire Fire & Rescue and South Central Ambulance Services say it can take up to three-days to trace next of kin. A message in a bottle can be a life saver to those that live alone or suffer from a disability or long-term health condition.
The message should be an A4 form that asks for basic personal and medication details. The form is then placed inside a small plastic bottle which is then kept in the fridge. A sticker is placed on the outside of the fridge to alert anyone that visit the property that information is in the fridge.