The employer of the missing mum, Sarah Wellgreen has said her disappearance is completely out of character.Read the full story ›
Crime figures have increased in Kent by more than a third in the last year. Kent Police have responded to the findings.Read the full story ›
Sarah Wellgreen went missing in Kent two weeks ago. The mother of five was last seen in the Bazes Shaw and has not been seen since.Read the full story ›
A driver from Kent had his car impounded after his breakdown recovery service told him to call the police for help.Read the full story ›
A pensioner has been jailed for attempting to murder a member of staff at his residential care home in an unprovoked 'frenzied assault'.Read the full story ›
The M20 in Kent was closed between junctions 10 and 9 of the London-bound carriageway. A body was found. The M20 is open again.Read the full story ›
An 18-year-old man has been arrested in Dover on suspicion of a terror offence. It follows the Parsons Green underground train bombing in London on Friday 15th September.
Scotland Yard said that Kent Police detained the teenager in the port area of Dover this morning. The Metropolitan Police said that they will move the teenager to a police station in South London.
"We have made a significant arrest in our investigation this morning. Although we are pleased with the progress made, this investigation continues and the threat level remains at critical.
"The public should remain vigilant as our staff, officers and partners continue to work through this complex investigation. We are not, at this time, changing our protective security measures and the steps taken to free up extra armed officers remain in place.
"This arrest will lead to more activity from our officers. For strong investigative reasons we will not give any more details on the man we arrested at this stage."
Nine hundred officers have so far been trained to use spit guards on suspects or criminals who are spitting.Read the full story ›
A teenager has been jailed for five and a half years for stabbing two men in Tunbridge Wells in December last year.
18 year old Deon Awodeyi, of Hetton Lodge, attacked the pair with a knife on Dudley Road, they'd been embroiled in a long-running dispute.
Police said Awodeyi was a 'danger to others'.
The men, one aged in his 20s and the other aged in his late teens, suffered serious injuries.
Both required surgery, one for a stab wound to the lower back, and the other, a stab wound to the arm.
Awodeyi wore a black balaclava during the attack.
He was later identified by witnesses.
Officers attended his address and found a knife hidden under a door matt and the balaclava in his bedroom.
He pleaded guilty to two counts of Grievous Bodily Harm and carrying a knife and was sentenced at Maidstone Crown Court on Wednesday 16 August 2017.
Awodeyi is a danger to others. He harbours violent tendencies and doesn’t consider the consequences of his actions."
"I hope this sentence will give Awodeyi the wakeup call he needs to change his damaging behaviour and turn his life around upon release."
Two people have been arrested by Kent Police following reports that a substance was thrown at a man in Whitstable, leaving him with injuries.
The incident happened at premises in Thanet way in Whitstable. Police officers and South East Coast Ambulance Service crews were called there at about 8.49am on Saturday. The victim was taken to hospital.
A 25 year old woman from Whitstable has been arrested later on Saturday on suspicion of assault; and a 51-year-old man has been arrested on suspicion of making threats to cause criminal damage and threats to kill. Both remain in police custody while investigations continue.
Detectives say that it is believed the victim and the man and woman who were arrested knew each other.