Live updates


Knife amnesty announced in Hampshire

People will be able to dispose of knives and bladed items Credit: ITV

A national anti-knife campaign is being stepped up in Hampshire.

From Monday police are launching a knife amnesty - placing bins inside stations allowing people to dispose of knives and bladed items without fear of repercussions.

Man threatened with knife

Police in Bournemouth are appealing for witnesses and anyone with information to come forward after a man was threatened with a knife in the town.

At around 10.30pm yesterday, Wednesday 12 August 2015, a member of staff at Tesco on Riverside Avenue approached a man who was reportedly looking through car windows in the car park.

The offender pulled an army-style hunting knife out of a black rucksack and threatened the member of staff before cycling away on a mountain bike.

The victim, a local man aged in his 30s, was not physically injured.

The offender is described as white, aged in his 20s, approximately five feet six inches tall with a crew-cut hair style. He spoke with an eastern European accent and was wearing a grey hooded top.

“This was a frightening incident for the victim. I am appealing to anyone who witnessed the incident or saw a man matching the description given in the area at the relevant time to please call me urgently. All calls will be treated in strict confidence.”

– Police Sergeant Matt Chutter, of Bournemouth police

New arrest in stabbing case

Police investigating a multiple stabbing in Hampshire have made a further arrest. A 20 year old man from south east London was taken into custody in the early hours of this morning on suspicion of attempted murder and violent disorder.

He is currently being questioned by officers about an incident in Cranbury Avenue, Southampton, on Tuesday May 8, which left four people with serious injuries. In total, nine people have now been arrested.

A 17 year old, from London, was charged yesterday with grievous bodily harm with intent and violent disorder. He will appear before Southampton Magistrates this morning. A 27 year old man from London remains in custody.