Prime Minister has praised the actions of the foreign minister Tobias Ellwood.
In her statement at commons she said that the Member for Bournemouth East showed an extraordinary effort to save PC Keith Palmer.
She also praised the police, saying that although we saw the worst of humanity yesterday, we also saw the best.
Brilliant statement from the Prime Minister. Terrorism and evil will not win
Words of solidarity against yesterday's terror attack have flooded twitter.
Under the hashtag #WeStandTogether people are showing their support for those affected by what happened in Westminster.
A minute’s silence was observed this morning in Whitehall and at Scotland Yard to pay respect the victims of yesterday’s attacks.
The Prime Minister, Theresa May, is to make a statement in the House of Commons on the attacks at 10.30am, following the conclusion of Questions to the Department of International Trade
The Union flag flies at half mast over Parliament today.
Hastings Borough Council also paid their respects and observed the one minute silence.
Deputy mayor Cllr Nigel Sinden, conservative leader Cllr Rob Lee and Hastings Borough Council’s director corporate service Jane Hartnell lead the one minute silence in Queens Square, Hastings.
The Police and Crime Commissioner for Surrey David Munro joined Surrey Police officers and staff in a minute’s silence at the Force’s Mount Browne HQ in Guildford this morning to pay respect to the victims, those injured and those affected.
"I am deeply shocked and saddened by yesterday's terrible attack in Westminster and my thoughts remain with all those who have been affected. We must continue to work together to defeat terrorism and those who seek to create fear and disharmony in our communities.”
Caroline Ansell, MP for Eastbourne and Willingdon has praised the police for working hard to get to the bottom of what happened.
She will be walking across Westminster Bridge to pay her respects to those so sadly killed and injured.
“Like many, I remain very shocked by what happened as I was only seconds from the attacker and I heard the gunshots. My heart goes out to those who have lost loved ones and to those who have been injured - they were innocent people going about their lives."
Foreign Office Minister Tobias Ellwood has been praised after attempting to save the life of the police officer killed in New Palace Yard.Read the full story ›
There is expected to be a strike on London underground this evening.
The planned strike will affect the Central line and the Waterloo & City line from 11pm tonight and all day tomorrow - Wednesday 22nd February.
Check before you travel, and visit the Transport for London website for updates on how the strike could affect your journeys.
The first commuter train from Oxford Parkway has arrived in London seven minutes late. Signalling problems on the Marylebone line led to minor delays.
The South's commuters are facing more disruption because of a strike by London Underground workers.
Services stopped on Wednesday evening and are not expected to resume until Friday morning.
The second walkout in the space of a month comes amid a row between unions and Tube bosses over the launch of an all-night weekend service, due to begin on 12 September.
Hundreds of traffic jams have been reported in London long miles of tailbacks as the capital was hit by travel chaos.
Sussex Police are appealing for help to find a 16-year-old boy who has gone missing from Horsham. Celso Dias had been staying in the Sussex town, and was on his way to Brighton when he was last seen on the morning of Thursday 28th May. He was travelling by train and told the person he was with that he was going to use the toilet, but failed to return.
The teenager is originally from London. Police say he may have got off the train at Haywards Heath and travelled to the Capital.
"Celso has connections on the South London area and we believe he might have returned there. He is 16 but acts much younger and we need to check he is safe.
"He was last seen around 9.30am on a train from Three Bridges to Brighton. He is described as black with a shaved head and is 5' 6". He was wearing a black Nike tracksuit and carrying an Adidas bag."
Sussex Police are appealing for anyone who has seen a teenager matching Celso's description or with information about Celso's whereabouts to get on touch. The police can be contacted via email on email@example.com or telephone by calling 101 quoting serial 369 of 28/5.
Former gangster "Mad" Frankie Fraser has died at the age of 90, his former associate Eddie Richardson said.
Fraser had been kept alive on a life-support machine following a hip operation.
The south London hard man was part of Charlie Richardson's gang who were arch rivals to the Kray twins.
Ronnie Kray was a patient at Broadmoor Hospital in Berkshire while Reggie spent time at Parkhurst Prison on the Isle of Wight.
Fraser also spent time at Broadmoor Hospital.
Thousands are expected to take part in the demonstration which is thought to be the biggest since 2010. They're campaigning against fees and cuts and calling for free education. Two further days of action have been organised for December.