Live updates


Teenager raped in Gosport alleyway after night out

Credit: ITV Meridian

An 18 year old woman has been allegedly raped in an alleyway in Gosport.

The victim, from Fareham, became separated from a friend after a night out.

She was attacked in an alleyway off the high street in the early hours on Sunday 6th August.

She managed to escape, and ran along Gosport high street where she raised the alarm by banging on the door of the McDonalds restaurant, staff then called the police.

Police are trying to trace a man with blond/mousey coloured short hair with a parting.

Anyone who may have seen the victim or the attacker between 3am and 5.30am in the area is asked to contact police.

They should call the Operation Amberstone Team at Fratton Police Station on 101.

Local officers are carrying out patrols in the area and detectives are following up several leads.

Gosport high street Credit: ITV Meridian

How to stay safe on a night out

  • Where possible use public transport or use a designated driver, who isn’t drinking alcohol, to get you to and from any venue you go to
  • When walking stick only to well lit areas with plenty of other people about
  • Go with friends and try and make sure you stay together

Teenage girl raped in Hastings park

A teenage girl has been raped in Sussex.

It happened in Alexandra Park in Hastings.

Police say a 13-year old met a man in the area and was later attacked.

It occurred on the evening of Saturday 22nd July.

We are keen to speak to anyone who was near the park or in the St Helen's Road area during Saturday evening. We are supporting victim and her family while we investigate and would urge anyone with information to get in touch.

– Detective Inspector Ben Newman

Man jailed for life for raping woman in Witney

Callum King has been jailed for life with a minimum term of nine years Credit: Thames Valley Police

A man's been jailed for life after he raped a woman he approached on a common in Witney.

Callum King, who is 25 ,also pleaded guilty to one count of grievous bodily harm and one count of sexual assault.

He'll serve a minimum of nine years and three months.

Formal apology after 'mistakes made' in rape investigation

Anne-Marie took her own life Credit: ITV

The Royal Military Police (RMP) has formally apologised to the family of Corporal Anne-Marie Ellement for failing to properly investigate the allegation of rape she made two years before taking her own life.

She was found dead at Bulford Barracks in Wiltshire in 2011.

In a statement released today, the RMP – the Army’s internal police force – admits that “mistakes were made” in the investigation and that “Anne-Marie deserved better”.

Anne-Marie was an RMP police officer. In 2009, while serving in Germany, she alleged that she had been raped by two colleagues.

Despite the fact that all involved were RMP staff, her allegation was investigated by the RMP themselves. An Army prosecutor decided no charges would be brought – a decision that devastated Anne-Marie.

Two years later, after suffering bullying – and what the Coroner at her inquest called “work related despair” – she took her own life.


Teenager raped in nightclub

Police are investigating a report of rape that occurred at Moo Moos nightclub in Newton Road, Tunbridge Well.

An 18-year old woman has told detectives she was attacked in the toilets of the club between 1.30am and 2.30am on Friday, 19 August 2016.

The attacker is described as a white man with brown hair, wearing dark jeans and a short sleeve T-shirt.

Officers have seized CCTV from the nightclub and enquiries are continuing.

Investigation underway after woman sexually assaulted

Detectives are investigating after a woman was raped as she walked near Devil's Dyke in Sussex in the very early hours of June 20th.

A 22-year-old woman from Hove, had left the Shepherd and Dog Pub in Fulking at 9.30pm on Sunday and contacted a friend to say she was walking near Devil's Dyke. When she didn't return to her friends house as expected, he rang police concerned.

Officers found her on Devil's Dyke Road. She told officer she had been punched in the face and raped by a man in a car park off Devil's Dyke Road between 11.30pm and 12.30am.

"We are offering the woman support as she is clearly very distressed by what happened.

"The victim describes the man as about 6' 2". She said there were two cars parked in the car park where the incident happened but didn't see anyone in the cars.

"We are appealing to anyone who saw a woman walking between Fulking and Devil's Dyke or who was in one of the cars in the car park late on Sunday or the early hours of Monday."

– Detective Sergeant Mike Butler

Woman raped as she walked home

Detectives are investigating after a woman was raped as she walked home in St Leonards in the early hours of Sunday.

The 19-year old woman was walking along a pavement between London Road and St Margaret's Road, having been out in Hastings.

She was grabbed from behind by a man who raped her, after which she ran off towards London Road, and the man did not appear to follow her.

She made her way home and the crime was reported to the police later that day.

"The suspect is described as about 5'9", with brown tanned skin, and had a beard. He was wearing a black hoody and a scarf. This was an horrific experience for the young woman, who is badly shocked. She is receiving support and expert counselling.

"If you were out and about in St Leonards in the early hours of Sunday, and saw what happened, or saw either the woman or the suspect, near Warrior Square, we do need to hear from you.

"Please contact us via or call 101, quoting Operation Platinum. There is no recent record of attacks like this in the area, but we want to find this man before he tries to carry out anything similar."

– Detective Inspector Hannah Willard
Load more updates