A man has been given oxygen therapy by fire crews this morning after fire broke out in a tumble dryer.
Fire crews were called to Regent Street in Whitstable home at 10.51am after the fire broke out
On arrival they found that the man had gone back into his smoke filled home to look for his pet dog.
Two fire engines from Whitstable were on the scene within minutes and found the man coming back out of his home, suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.
After initially being treated by fire crews, he was assessed by paramedics.
Firefighters in breathing apparatus removed a tumble dryer from the property before ventilating it using a positive pressure ventilation fan.
More top news
The 54-year-old, of Sandon, Buntingford, Hertfordshire, denies 11 charges of manslaughter by gross negligence.
A couple from Reading are demanding answers after their son was denied potentially lifesaving cancer treatment on the NHS.
The prosecution have claimed "purely pilot error" caused a vintage aircraft to crash onto the A27 during the Shoreham Airshow killing 11 men