The number of people who do not own a car in the South East has increased by 4% according to a report by the British Car Auction.
In 2012, the figure was 26% of people, this year it is 30%.
The report in brief:
- 72% of families own at least one car
- There has been a 1% increase in two car families year on year
- Two car ownership in the North has increased to 29% from 16% in 2012
- Families with three cars or more has risen to 10% from 3% in the South West
- 14% say they will certainly or quite likely buy a car in the next year compared to 11% in 2012
More top news
Philippa has the latest weather update for the east
Philippa has the latest weather update for the west
Madeleine Monaghan's car was stolen by high-tech thieves who used an electronic device to exploit the car's keyless entry and start system.