The initial assessment of the scene found that Peaches had taken heroin and collapsed and died on the bed.
Detailed searches of the whole premises took place and located heroin and various items used for the preparation and consumption of heroin.
Next to the bed was a box containing a capped syringe with a small amount of a brown fluid left in the main chamber and some residue/fluid inside the cap - which forensics have found to contain traces of heroin.
Persons taking heroin on a regular basis develop a tolerance to the drug, and such individuals can use doses that would be toxic, or fatal, to people with no tolerance. However, tolerance to heroin (and other opiate drugs) appears to be lost fairly rapidly when users cease to use the drug, and deaths commonly occur in people who have previously been tolerant and have returned to using heroin”
More top news
Speculation that the PM will be ousted from Downing Street has reached fever pitch.
Newly-released papers show a young David Cameron condemning ‘Euro red tape’ while working as a researcher for the Conservative Party in 1988
The Viking Sky sent a mayday call after losing engine power, prompting the start of an evacuation of 1,300 passengers and crew .