Advertisement

Pregnant woman given oxygen after kitchen fire

Kent Fire and Rescue Service was called to a fire in a kitchen in Bush Road, Cuxton.

On arrival firefighters found the fire was out, however the occupant of the property, a pregnant woman in her 20s, was suffering from the effects of breathing in smoke.

She was given oxygen by the crews at the scene. Her care was then handed to paramedics, who transported her to hospital.

Firefighters used a ventilation fan to clear the smoke logged property.