Advertisement

Beware sun's reflection! After mirror sparks house fire

Fire crews were called to deal with a house fire sparked by a mirror

Fire crews in Oxfordshire have issued a warning to the public after a box of tissues caught fire from the heat caused by the sun reflecting on a mirror.

Firefighters were called to a house in Miller Close in Goring-on-Thames. No-one was injured. People are being reminded to think carefully about how a room is decorated so that mirrors are not put in places where they could be in direct sunlight.

Fire station manager, Chris Barber from Oxfordshire Fire & Rescue Service had this warning: