Advertisement

Residents evacuated after gas main fire

Local residents have been forced to leave their homes after a fire broke out on Reading Road in Farnborough at around 3am this morning. The cause of the fire is thought to be linked to a gas main.

View all 4 updates ›

Gas main fire extinguished and supply disconnected

Credit: Hampshire Fire & Rescue

A gas main fire which broke out in Farnborough this morning, leading to residents being evacuated, has been extinguished.

Around 50 people were forced out of their homes in Reading Road and to a nearby hall for safety.

There is currently a police cordon in place along the road.

People are being asked to avoid the area if possible.

More top news